Reporting Best Practices
As a community professional, it is likely that you will already be exploring the best reports to gain valuable insights into the health, performance, and engagement levels within your community. This section will review the essential best practices for online community reporting, empowering you to make informed decisions when tailoring strategies to better serve your members and identify areas for improvement.
Top five reports for tracking community health & engagement: Although these are recommendations, analyzing what reports matter for your organization is important.
- Login Counts: This report displays a list of unique and total number of logins from members.
- Agreed to Terms by Month: This report displays how many members have agreed to terms each month, as well as since inception.
- All Threads Activity: This report displays community engagement, including total discussion posts, replies, and new threads.
- Threads: This report displays the details of threads, such as replies, recommends, and following.
- Library Entry Access History Summary: This report details library entries such as views, downloads, comments, and shares.
Reporting tools to explore:
- List Builder is a great tool to get a live look at what’s happening in your community, drill down for behaviors of specific member segments, and learn the story of how users engage with your community
- Scheduled Reports are a new feature where you can schedule reports to automatically run Monthly, Weekly, or One-Time. As you review reports to pull, you can filter by the curated list of reports that Higher Logic Community Consultants and Analysts have hand-selected as best practices.